12/30/2022 0 Comments
An Excellent Stew! (Instant pot)
1 large yellow onion
2 large baking potatoes (cubed)
3 large carrots (peeled and cut into slices)
1.5lbs of stew meat
4 fresh bay leaves (I tore mine apart)
1/2tbsp of minced garlic
1 container of beef stock
1 cup of red cooking wine
Olive oil (varies, will explain)
Salt, pepper, and garlic powder (measurements vary)
1. Chop your veggies and put potatoes and carrots, into the instant pot insert, and set aside your chopped onion.
2. Coat the pan in olive oil, and season liberally with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Let it warm for a moment or so, and then add your meat.
3. Cover skillet, and let the meat warm a bit before adding the minced garlic and the onion and recovering it to cook.
4. Periodically open and stir until meat is almost all the way cooked; at which time take the skillet off the heat and scrape the contents into the instant pot. If there’s any dark singe at the bottom, try to get that in there too for flavor!
5. Add the beef stock to the instant pot, and stir, making sure to get the meat and veggies mixed well.
6. Add the red cooking wine and stir it again.
7. Put the lid on the instant pot and press the meat/stew button, then in 45 ish minutes BOOM. An excellent stew. Make sure the steam release valve is closed so it cooks faster.
Once it’s done serve over cornbread. I use instant mix because it’s easy, Krusteaz is my personal favourite but to each there own. 🙂
Leave a Reply.